To find a collection of thoughts, ideas and life in Walle's World.

Stay tuned...you never know what is going to show up!






Jul 10, 2010

Don't Do It!!!

You might be wondering what I'm telling you not to do...Well...Don't answer the door to either a young man or woman offering to do a "carpet shampoo" demonstration!

You will have let in a Kirby salesman!  No matter what they say, "no obligation to buy," don't believe them, don't even let them in your house!  (Unless you are in dyer need of a new vacuum and you don't mind paying $$$!)  I'm only speaking from personal experience.  Yes, I was dupped!  I felt totally guilty that these young people would only get paid by doing a demonstration.  Whose to say they weren't college students, trying to earn some money over the summer.  I don't know what truth that is, but I agreed.  Needless to say the 30 minute demonstration turned into a 3 hour ordeal.  I was not excited about having a young man in the house with me while my husband stepped out.  He was here tooo late and upset my husband!  Na-Uh!

Well, I took some evidence of this "demonstration."  Take a look at the "dirt" my vacuum missed...(by the way it had been -cough- awhile since I last vacuumed)





Yah, so that's my vacuum cleaner.  I spent some $ on getting a Dyson with our Tax Refund.  I have to say I absolutely have loved this vacuum.  If you can see the white disks on the floor, that was from the Kirby vacuum.  Which after reviewing the scenario, isn't so bad after not -cough- vacuuming in awhile with two dogs.  But for demonstration purposes, this kid really did make a big deal at how much he pulled up...Yeah right, dude!

So he proceeded to do the "rub a whole lot of baking soda in my carpet" routine.  Then made me vacuum with mine and see how much came up.  Now by this time I really wasn't having it!  I totally didn't go over the spot like crazy because he was only going to go over it with his.  Boo.  So the black disks are from the Kirby picking up what was "left."


 


Honestly, my vacuum sucked up a bunch and would have picked up more if it wasn't for not feeling this guy in my house.  I was over it!  But then he proceeded to tell me everything that this thing could do.  Which leads to the real reason why I let him into my house, the "carpet shampoo" demonstration.  So I proceeded to watch him shampoo the carpet...


 



 
I could care less about the carpet shampoo-er.  Mine works well with just plain hot water, buddy!  The soap smell lasted in the house for a couple of days which ticked me off a bit.  I am trying to be eco-friendly with the cleaners in the house and the less "chemicals" in the house, the better.  Needless to say, the guy worked a number on me!  Really put the guilt trip on me...and I ended up buying the darn vacuum which I never needed!!!





 
Needless to say it did not stay for long!  We returned the thing 2 days later, only because they wouldn't return our phone calls.  Whatever!  And, we still haven't gotten OUR trade in vacuum back!  At least they didn't take in my Dyson.  They took in the one before the Dyson.

The only thing is, I have heard Kirby's are great vacuums and can last a long time.  The downside, you can only get them by door to door salespeople.  Just be careful about these schemes to get in your house on a "demonstration."  The quality of the vacuum should sell themselves and no other way.  Unfortunately, they get a bad rap by how it is sold.  I can completely understand now why.  To do it over again, I don't think so!


 
I am more sceptical of the door bell now...
I'm letting the dogs bark!


No comments:

Post a Comment